Are you thinking about expanding your tax practice to serving clients who owe the IRS back taxes, penalties, and interest? Do you want to learn more about the process of offers-in-compromise and other tax debt resolution options so you can serve current clients better? Are you wondering how to increase your revenue and offer more profitable tax services beyond tax compliance?
If so, this book is perfect for you. This guide steps you through the procedures you need to know to help tax clients who have debt with the IRS. The key is to know if taxpayers qualify, and this book shows you the formula that the IRS uses when evaluating the taxpayer’s situation so that you can wisely counsel your client.
This knowledge is in great demand. Most tax practitioners do not know how to do this, more than 15 million people owe the IRS money, and many of them need the help of a tax resolution professional.
- Completely Updated for IRS Changes
- IR 2020-248 Changes
- Automation of the phone lines
- The IRS’s Use of Data and AI
- Personal Liability for the TFRP – Tracing and Fraud cases
- The Impact of the Community Property Laws
- IRS Enforcement Against International Taxpayers
- Updated case studies
- New Offer-in-Compromise case study – Payroll Tax Train Wreck
- 7 new exhibits (43 exhibits total)